[Bldg-sim] HELP WANTED - BR+A - Building Energy Analyst

Knowles, Jacob JWK at BRPLUSA.COM
Wed Oct 10 06:58:59 PDT 2012

Job Posting - Building Energy Analyst:

Bard, Rao + Athanas Consulting Engineers, LLC (BR+A) provides
professional MEP/FP/Low-Voltage and Commissioning services for public
and private sector clients, with a particular expertise in healthcare,
research, and academic facilities.  We are an employee-owned firm with
nearly 200 team-members in five office locations.  BR+A maintains an
excellent national reputation by developing high-quality innovative
solutions on complex projects.  Our portfolio includes over 20 million
square feet of LEED-Certified projects and we are currently working with
clients seeking LEED Platinum and Zero-Carbon.  Please visit us on the
web at www.brplusa.com <http://www.brplusa.com> .

BR+A seeks a Building Energy Analyst in our Watertown, MA (Boston)
office for projects pursuing LEED Certification, ASHRAE 90.1 compliance,
2030 Challenge, and Utility Incentives.  The ideal candidate would have
2+ years experience in the industry, with 2+ years of experience
specifically with HVAC Simulation.  In this position you will work as
part of our expert Energy and Sustainability Group, developing
energy-models and evaluating high-performance strategies for unique and
challenging projects.  Your work will be utilized directly by the
architectural and MEP design team members to help guide building and
system optimization.

Preferred:

*         PE, RA, CEM and/or LEED AP

*         2+ yrs experience related to building energy-systems design or
energy-audits/evaluations

*         2+ yrs energy-modeling experience

*         Computer Skills:  Trace 700, eQUEST, EnergyPlus, Revit,
AutoCAD, Excel-based energy calcs.

*         Experience with application for utility incentives

*         Experience with existing building energy-evaluations

*         Experience with alternative energy feasibility assessment

*         Understanding of building system operation and controls

*         Experience with CFD modeling is a plus

Contact:

Jacob Knowles, Director of Sustainable Design

JWK at BRPLUSA.COM <mailto:JWK at BRPLUSA.COM>

BR+A offers a first-class environment, excellent compensation and
complete benefits package including 401K.  BR+A is an equal opportunity
employer.

Jacob Knowles, LEED AP
Associate, Director of Sustainable Design

Bard, Rao + Athanas Consulting Engineers, LLC | 311 Arsenal Street | Watertown, MA 02472
e jwk at brplusa.com  t 617.925.8376  f 617.924.9339  |  www.brplusa.com
Boston  |  New York  |  Philadelphia  |  DC  |  Miami

INNOVATION  |  EXPERIENCE  |  PROVEN  SUCCESS

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email.

++ Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail ++