[Bldg-sim] LEED NCv2009 - baseline for gymnasium

Andrew Craig AndrewC at InterfaceEng.Com
Tue Oct 9 16:29:26 PDT 2012

Steven---

USGBC released a document titled "Treatment of District or Campus
Thermal Energy in LEED v2 and LEED 2009 - Design & Construction" in
August of 2010.   This has all of the guidance you'll need for creating
a baseline and proposed design energy model for your project (it's not
that fun).  There are two options to show compliance, the first being a
building stand-alone scenario (most popular I'm guessing) and the second
an aggregate building/DES scenario.   Both of your baseline and proposed
models would utilized purchased steam and chilled water per page 11 of
the guidelines.  Here is a link to the guidelines:

http://www.usgbc.org/ShowFile.aspx?DocumentID=7671

Good luck with the simulation.

Regards,

Andrew Craig PE, LEED AP
Project Mechanical Engineer

INTERFACE ENGINEERING
708 SW Third Avenue, Suite 400, Portland, OR 97204
email andrewc at interfaceeng.com <mailto:andrewc at interfaceeng.com>
portland 503.382.2696

www.interfaceeng.com <http://www.interfaceeng.com/>

Portland / Sacramento / San Francisco / Seattle

Celebrating 100 LEED Projects!
<http://interfaceengineering.com/sustainable-engineering/>