[Bldg-sim] [Bldg-Sim] modelling radiant floor cooling

ian ball iangball at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 27 07:09:48 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I am managing a project in which we are considering to implement radiant floor heating and cooling in a 48,000 sqft new office bldg located in Montreal.  In the clg mode, I have proposed to use the geothermal wells for passive clg of the floors.  We are using EE4 to model the bldg energy performance.  I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to model such a system.  One of the analysis that we need to undertake is to estimate the % of sensible load that the floors will be able to absorb.  Once we do that, I think we can obtain the sensible clg loads and associated energy consumption from DOE reports and thus subtract the % of the associated energy consumption of the sensible load
.
Any input is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Ian Ball, ing., M.A.Sc., LEED
Director of Commissioning and LEED services
Systemes Energies TST inc.
Off: 450-965-1555, x16
Cell: 514-967-3094