[Bldg-sim] Can-Quest "Security Risk"

Aaron Smith asmith at mreng.ca
Wed Sep 26 07:09:08 PDT 2012

Hi,

When I downloaded Can-Quest last month my virus scanner (Norton) scanned the
file and said that the file has a "low reputation score", it is "likely to
be a security risk" so it was quarantined and deleted. The only way to
install Can-Quest was to turn off the virus scan.  Nothing has shown up on
that computer yet so before I bring that computer on our servers, has anyone
else had this issue?  I contacted NRCan but they don't seem to have any
similar reports.

Thanks.

Aaron Smith, P.Eng

LEEDR AP BD+C, M-ASHRAE, Mechanical Engineer

t: (902) 422-7393

f: (902) 423-4945

e:  <mailto:asmith at mreng.ca> asmith at mreng.ca

The electronic message contained herein is private and confidential,
intended only for the recipient(s) specified. If you have received this
message in error, please delete it and notify us immediately.  Any
accompanying files are supplied as a matter of courtesy only.  The data are
without warranty of any kind.  Any person or business making use of the data
is responsible for confirming its accuracy and completeness.  M&R
Engineering Ltd. is not responsible for edited or produced versions of this
digital information.