[Bldg-sim] Model got you stumped? Ask questions, get answers, no distractions!

Marcus jones.0bj3 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 00:20:16 PST 2013

Hi all,

As a follower of multiple lists such as BLDG-SIM, TRNSYS, EnergyPlus, etc.,
I've often been frustrated with email support lists. For one, if you
subscribe late, you miss out on searching the archive of answers, leading
to questions being asked multiple times. Two, many questions spill across
multiple lists, also a redundancy.

I can see a real benefit in using the Stack Exchange model and the
connected potential for building a real online community of building
simulation professionals. The whole concept is based on voting for
questions and answers. Without this participation, the site cannot
function.

With over 100 followers, this concept has momentum. If it is realized, it
will be a fundamental shift in how we all interact. Critically, it will
shift traffic away from the traditional tool Q&A lists, potentially
splitting user communities. This might influence how vendors communicate
with their users. How will you react?

I am an avid supporter of the idea, but we need an educated and community
supported transition, so please learn about this "new" technology, and ask
questions!

The proposal:
http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/45232/building-performance-simulation-analysis

Right now, the proposal in the "definition" phase. What types of questions
define our community?

(Follow & Upvote!)

Marcus
--