[Bldg-sim] COMcheck & bldg sim programs

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon Feb 18 08:51:43 PST 2013

Hi Larry,

To read it another way, COMcheck literally does generate compliance reports which document proposed and allowable LPD’s in an itemized fashion.  I answered previously assuming Christian is asking specifically about whether the reports themselves are considered acceptable documentation for LPD tallies/calcs.

Such reports, while intended to document prescriptive code compliance, can serve double-duty as effective LEED model documentation for derived LPD inputs (and other credits).  Since LEED EAc1 modeling requires documenting both the baseline and proposed model LPD’s (which correspond to the prescribed allowable and installed watts, respectively), I’ve found COMcheck compliance reports to be quite a timesaver over the self-made spreadsheets I used to assemble.

The .cck files incidentally, by nature of their common structure, are also easier to pass around with other designers to pick up and work with, relative to a “roll your own documentation” approach.

Regards,

~Nick

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.