[Bldg-sim] COMcheck & bldg sim programs

Larry Degelman ldegelman at suddenlink.net
Mon Feb 18 08:04:27 PST 2013

Christian,

Your question is a bit puzzling, since COMcheck doesn’t literally “report” LPDs.  It reveals the allowable LPDs based on the energy code specified by the user at input time; but it’s the responsibility of the user to input the actual (proposed) LPDs by either the whole-building method or the space-by-space method.  COMcheck only tells you whether you’re exceeding the code limitation you specified.

I would think that you could always rely on the soundness of the “allowable” LPDs shown in COMcheck, since they are reflecting the code requirements.  However, and energy simulation model inputs always need to be the LPDs that are actually in the building design.

Regards,

Larry
Larry O. Degelman, P.E., BEMP, HBDP
Professor Emeritus of Architecture