[Bldg-sim] COMcheck & bldg sim programs

Maria Karpman maria.karpman at karpmanconsulting.net
Mon Feb 18 09:05:36 PST 2013

COMcheck LPDs are based on inputs made by design team when documenting code
compliance. Quality of these inputs depend on how seriously energy code is
taken by design team and code officials, and vary from project to project.
In my experience, they are often way off, and seem to be taken out of thin
air. Aside from that, based on Table G3.1, Proposed Building Performance
column ".a. Where a complete lighting system exists, the actual lighting
power for each thermal block shall be used in the model." LPDs by thermal
block are not entered/reported in COMCheck, so I don't really see how
COMCheck LPDs may be used in the model even if they were correct.

Maria