[Bldg-sim] About infiltration in a LEED analysis.....

David GARCIA-SANCHEZ dgarciasanchez at greenaffair.com
Thu Jan 10 09:29:34 PST 2013

Hi all,

I'm modeling a building for a LEED certification (renovation) for a
building in France.

Normally in my baseline and proposed models I put the same infiltration
(n50 = 0.14 ach) for both buildings. Even that this is an unreal case
(since the renovation leads to an improve in the permeability of the
building).

I do that because, first 0.14 is the minimal infiltration allowed by
French regulations, and second because I have never seen in the ASHRAE
documentation about improve infiltration in current buildings. Even if
the improve of the infiltration rate can make me gain a lot of
improvement between baseline and proposed buildings energy
requeriements.

Anyone of you have already experience in this specific point? Any
justification is required from the USGBC if I want to change the
infiltration between baseline and proposed buildings?

Thanks in advance for any comments/help on this,

Regards,
David GARCIA-SANCHEZ

David GARCIA-SANCHEZ

greenaffair

Tel. +33 (0)1 46 03 08 02

Mobile +33 (0)6 78 15 08 09

102 avenue Edouard Vaillant - 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt

www.greenaffair.com <http://www.greenaffair.com/>