[Bldg-sim] FW: HVACTempate autosizing error

Adam Barker ABarker at pemi.com
Fri Mar 1 09:56:12 PST 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm a new user to Energy Plus and am trying to work through a simple model using the HVAC Templates.  The configuration is a packaged VAV system with hot water loop and NG boiler, with heating cooling and airflows autosized.

My simulation is not running as it is giving me the following error:
"CheckEnvironmentSpecifications: Sizing for Zones has been requested but there are no design environments specified."  The same is given for system and plant objects.

I was under the impression from the I/O reference that the EXPIDF processor takes care of this and that these objects shouldn't be entered.  This seems to work for several of the example files as well (they do not define sizing, but do autosize).  What could I not be specifying, or specifying incorrectly to get this error? If I check No for Sizing Calcs under SimulationControl it also doesn't like this and will ask this to be checked as yes, so either way I don't know how to get around it.  IDF is attached.

Thanks,

Adam Barker