[Bldg-sim] Spatial e+ results mapping with Rhino5 & Python

Max D lists at spacesustainers.org
Wed Nov 13 03:26:35 PST 2013

Dear group,

I've recently released version 0.19 of a free Rhino/Grasshopper3d plugin,
written in Python, that allows you to spatially map e+ zone report variables in
design/visualization models- no matter what e+ sim tool the data came from
(readvarseso gen'd csv files are your friend).

It's been tested in a class here at the TU Berlin a bit already ( see the blog:
http://mrcomfy.org/?p=452 | http://mrcomfy.org/?p=481 ), went through some
update cycles and I think it's now useful enough to warrant me sharing it with
you- have a look at http://mrcomfy.org - full documentation is available there.

This is, of course, not a super new idea, but the precedents I could unearth are
either not openly available or do things slighty different, e.g. OpenStudio's
zone color coding. I'd be nonetheless grateful if you could point me to other
published precedents should they spontaneously occurr to you, since I'll do a
writeup of the method and would like to give credit where it's due.

All the best,

Max

PS I've been lurking on this list with another eMail address for ~6 years; it
feels strange to suddenly be contributing something, huh, tangible.

Dipl.-Ing. Max Doelling

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter // Assistant Professor
DigiPro, Fakultät II - Institut für Mathematik
TU Berlin // Berlin Institute of Technology
MA 204, Strasse des 17. Juni 136
10623 Berlin
max [~] spacesustainers. org