[Bldg-sim] eQUEST packaged VAV systems

Ellen Franconi efranconi at rmi.org
Mon Sep 30 19:41:12 PDT 2013

We're modeling a big box retail store with PSZ systems. We'd like to
determine the savings associated with installing a packaged vav system.
We're having a hard time getting the central heating (furnace) activated
with this system type in eQUEST. We have set the HEAT-SET-T to 95 and
included a heating capacity value. We do not have any zone reheat.  In
cooling mode, we'd like the  DX supply flow to decrease first. In heating
mode, we'd like the supply flow to also decrease first.

We have single zone systems and are not really using these system types
(PVAVS and PVVT) as intended but thought we could get it to work. Any
thoughts about this approach or an equivalent alternative?

Thanks!

--
Ellen Franconi, PhD, LEED AP, BEMP
Senior Consultant, Built Environment Team

Rocky Mountain Institute
1820 Folsom Street
Boulder, CO 80302
303.567.8609 (Desk)
303.245.7213 (Fax)

Rocky Mountain Institute drives the efficient and restorative use of
resources, creating a world thriving, verdant, and secure, for all, for
ever.

http://www.rmi.org