[Bldg-sim] Update on EnergyPlus Releases

Michael J Witte mjwitte at gard.com
Wed Apr 23 10:30:56 PDT 2014

For the past several years there have been two annual releases of DOE’s
energy simulation engine EnergyPlus, in April and October. In 2014, we
are skipping the April release. EnergyPlus has recently been translated
from FORTRAN to C++ (see announcement at
http://energy.gov/eere/articles/energyplus-boosts-building-efficiency-help-autodesk),
and additional time was needed to complete the transition which included
not only the program itself but also its development environment and
processes. The transition is expected to be fully complete in the
summer. The next EnergyPlus release will be in the fall of 2014, and we
hope to announce a firm date—as well as new features—in the next month
or two.

The EnergyPlus Development Team