[Bldg-sim] LEED 2009 and Retail Core & Shell EAp2/EAc1

Martin Roy ing. LEED Fellow martin.roy at mra.qc.ca
Tue Aug 26 11:21:27 PDT 2014

Hi Christopher,

Other than energy recovery on the ventilation and
using extended schedule I agree with you there is
little option.  And that is simulation
saving.  If there is demand ventilaiton installed
on site the energy for heating the ventilaiton
air is reduce a lot, more than what simulation gives us.

We did a lot of these CS big box retail and never
went over 34% energy cost saving compare to MNECB
and 32% compared to ASHRAE 90.1

Martin

At 09:50 2014-08-26, Jones, Christopher wrote:

>I am wondering how much success people have had
>with Retail Core & Shell projects in terms of
>EAp2/EAc1.  It seems to me that the typical
>large mall (250,000 ft2 or larger) with roof top
>units presents little opportunity for energy
>savings.  I would appreciate some of your experiences.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Christopher Jones, P.Eng.
>Tel: 416.644.4226 • Toll Free: 1.888.425.7255 x 5527

>NOTICE: This communication and any attachments
>("this message") may contain confidential
>information for the sole use of the intended
>recipient(s). Any unauthorized use, disclosure,
>viewing, copying, alteration, dissemination or
>distribution of, or reliance on this message is
>strictly prohibited. If you have received this
>message in error, or you are not an authorized
>recipient, please notify the sender immediately
>by replying to this message, delete this message
>and all copies from your e-mail system and destroy any printed copies.

Martin Roy, ing, LEED Fellow
Président
Martin Roy et associés
1805 Chemin Oka,