[Bldg-sim] LEED 2009 and Retail Core & Shell EAp2/EAc1

Aaron Smith asmith at mreng.ca
Tue Aug 26 19:25:14 PDT 2014

Chris,

I don't have much experience with packaged rooftop retail but you can check out ‎ASHRAE's 50% Advanced Energy Design Guide for Medium to Big Box stores.  It has recommendations for LPD, lighting controls, plug load controls, exterior lighting, HVAC, etc.  So yes, you probably can't get there with a HE rooftop and roof/wall insulation - lots of other strategies are probably required.  As yours is c+S, you'll want to have mandatory tenant requirements written into the lease too.

Also, since it was published most of the major manufacturers have ‎released some slick single zone VAV rooftop units with VS compressors and ECM motors on evaporator and condenser fans.

Aaron

Aaron Smith, P.Eng
M&R Engineering Ltd.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the TELUS network.