[Bldg-sim] NECB 2011 - Interpretation of 4.3.2.10

Genest, Frederic fgenest at pageaumorel.com
Thu Jul 10 10:16:24 PDT 2014

Hello Cheney.

Never been confronted with the case, so I’m eduguessing my way though the Trade-off Path.

Since the reference case never has any “personal control”, I gather that it implies “task lighting” while “occupancy-sensing mechanism – manual” implies “general space control”.

Since personal control has a low factor (0.1), I don’t see a big problem with taking credit for both cases.

So, somewhat correcting my initial interpretation:

-       Personnal control = manual on/off control assigned to a single individual and normally related to task lighting or similar application

-       Occupancy-Sensing Mechanism = general space control

o   Manual = on/off switch

o   Automatic = motion detector or the like, switching on/off automatically

My two cents!

[http://www.pageaumorel.com/signature/pma_sign.gif]

Frédéric Genest,

Pageau Morel et associés inc.

ing., M.Sc.A., PA LEED BD+C / Eng., M.A.Sc., LEED AP BD+C
ASHRAE HBDP
Chargé de projet / Project Manager
Associé / Associate
fgenest at pageaumorel.com<mailto:fgenest at pageaumorel.com>

210, boul. Crémazie O., bur. 110
Montréal (Québec) H2P 1C6
T 514.382.5150 (2203)
F 514.384.9872
www.pageaumorel.com<http://www.pageaumorel.com>

Poser un geste écolo : un engagement infini! Est-ce vraiment nécessaire d'imprimer ce courriel?
A green act: a commitment for infinity! Save trees. Print only when necessary.

AVERTISSEMENT CONCERNANT LA CONFIDENTIALITÉ / CONFIDENTIALITY MESSAGE
Ce courriel et toute information qui y est jointe sont confidentiels. Si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser immédiatement et effacer l'original, sans en tirer de copie ni en dévoiler le contenu. / This e-mail and any information enclosed are confidential. If you have received this message by error, please notify us immediately and delete the original without making a copy and without disclosing its content.