[Bldg-sim] question regarding lighting efficiency/gains unitsofmeasurement

António Manuel Almeida aalmeida at isec.pt
Wed Jun 4 02:44:09 PDT 2014

Hi again.

The acceptable illumination levels for non-residential buildings are prescribed in
"EN12464-1 Light and lighting - Lighting of work places - Part 1: Indoor work places".
To avoid excessive lighting, in Portuguese legislation the average illuminance level
shall not be exceeded by more than 30% from the standard prescribed illuminance.

Regards.
António Manuel Almeida
INESC Coimbra