[Bldg-sim] Energy-10 manuals

John R Ross III PE energy.wwind at cox.net
Mon Jun 23 10:50:25 PDT 2014

Hi;  Energy 10 software package was deveolped by the Sustainable
Buildings Industry Council  SBIC;
they had  a small office in NW Washington DC  USA. Versions increased in
rev number from  1.4 to 1.5 to 1.6
then jump to  v 1.8.  V 1.8 had solar thermal modeling added, and
although I used energy 10 quite a bit I never
got  Energy 10 solar thermal to work.  I particularly liked the day of
the year spectrum feature.

The heat transfer through floors was the subject of an extensive
exchange on the old YAHOO solar energy group
E-mail list about  6 to 8 years ago.  I think you can find the basement
floor  f  factor there.

SBIC and its website SBIC.org were  absorbed by   Winter Associates
years go.  I may have the E-10 v 1.8 CD.

bye

JRR

John R Ross III PE

Westwind Corporation