[Bldg-sim] Building Heat Gains

Duggin, Cory Cory.Duggin at tlc-eng.com
Mon Nov 24 06:55:08 PST 2014

The VE doesn’t model thermal bridging, so that isn’t it.  What climate is your building in?  What percentage glazing are the east and west walls?  Are you losing heat through the envelope or gaining it?  It could have to do with the shades blocking more sun from heating up the outside of the envelope on those walls, which then changes the delta T and resulting conduction gain.

Cory Duggin, EI, LEED AP BD+C
Associate/Energy Engineer
TLC Engineering for Architecture
direct: