Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Problems with the decimals

At 05:59 PM 12/9/01, you wrote:
When I write in a field of the IDFEditor a decimarl number, say 0,0001, if I save the IDF file and then I enter again all those data are converted into zeros and this gives a severe problem in the EP Launch. I have tried with de 1E-5 but the problem happens anyway. ç
Could you help me?

Your number format must (as far as I know) follow the American "convention" of a . for a decimal point -- I know that some formats use a , there?

As far as I know, no one has found a way around it.  It is particularly difficult as EnergyPlus uses the , as a field delimiter.  You would change this format under the "Regional Settings" in the Windows Control panel.

If this is not what your problem truly is, then we need more information to try to help.

Another question is if I could see the discussions mantained in this group since it was created.

You should be able to go to the main web page:

And look at the archive of "Messages".  There are also some files loaded there.  In order to do this you may have to register yourself with Yahoo and get a Yahoo ID.

Linda