From: "Michael J. Witte" <mjwitte@xxxxxxxx>
To: <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 9:16 PM
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Problems with the decimals

Francisco:

There is a known problem using the IDF Editor when the operating
system is set to use "," as the decimal symbol.  It will display
values correctly, but it will not edit properly.  The only ways
around this problem are to change the control panel setting for
decimal symbol or to use a text file editor instead of the IDF
editor.

log in, and select the EnergyPlus_Support group.  Below the list of
most recent messages is a section with month names and numbers below
them.  Clicking on the numbers will bring up a list of all messages
from that month.

Mike Witte

On 10 Dec 2001, at 0:59, Francisco José Lara Garachana wrote:

> Hello to everybody.
>

> I am Francisco Lara from Spain and I am starting to work with the
> EnergyPlus and maybe the question I have is repetitive. Sorry for
> that.
>
> When I write in a field of the IDFEditor a decimarl number, say
> 0,0001, if I save the IDF file and then I enter again all those
> data are converted into zeros and this gives a severe problem in
> the EP Launch. I have tried with de 1E-5 but the problem happens
> anyway. ç Could you help me?
>

> Another question is if I could see the discussions mantained in
> this group since it was created.
>

> Thanks in advance

http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/

Quit now for Great