Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Output Results

On 21 Jan 2002, at 13:50, wlm@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> After running the programme, I found that the results cannot
> reflect all the variables for me although I set it at the "report
> variables". Please advise me.
>
> From my view, I know that I can obtain the outputs from the
> variable list which is provided after running the programme and
> resulted in the format of *.RDD, is it right?

The Report Variable objects control which variables are written to
the .eso output file.  First, check the err file to make sure that
there are no errors related to report variables.

A postprocessing program (ReadVarsESO.exe) reads the eso file and
reformats the output data into the csv (spreadsheet) file.  There is
an optional input file, .rvi, which can be used to control which
variables are written to the csv file.  For example, if your
EnergyPlus input file is named Project1.idf, you may have a file
named Project1.rvi which contains a list of desired output variables.
 If there is an rvi file present, then new report variables must be
added to the list in the rvi file in order for the variables to be
written to the csv file.  Or you can delete the rvi file and the
postprocessor will write all report variables into the csv file.

Mike

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!