[EnergyPlus_Support] DFX File Rendering

I have been viewing the sample building geometry .dfx files with
AutoCAD LT.  I can see that windows are placed slightly inboard of
their companion walls.  Consequently when hidden lines are removed or
when surfaces are colored, all the windows disappear from the
rendering.  This makes it difficult or imposible to check the imput
for anything other than the simplest building.  Is the .dxf file
rendering designed to some existing standard or could the door and
window surfaces be relocated outside the walls where they would
render easily?