RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Best Model builder - Geometry, Construct ions, profiles

There are several EnergyPlus testing and validation projects in progress.  Two published
reports are available at:

http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/energyplus_testing.html

It is hard to know for sure how much EnergyPlus is being used by HVAC professionals.
While there are thousands of registered users, there has not been any type of feedback on
actual use.  The lack of interface software at this point in time is a major hurdle to
widespread use.

Mike

On 8 Feb 2002, at 16:27, Spillane, Damien wrote:

> Mike,
> Thanks for your reply. It seems strange that no software developer has not
> jumped at the opportunity of putting a front end on this software and
> marketing it as the complete building simulation tool. The use of simulation
> is becoming more and more widespread in Europe, so I am surprised that no
> one here has taken up the cause. What validation has been done on Energy
> plus, and is it being used commercially (i.e. by HVAC professionals) in the
> US?
> Thank you very much.
> Damien

Michael J. Witte                        mjwitte@xxxxxxxx
GARD Analytics, Inc.                        www.gard.com
1028 Busse Highway                    Phone 847-698-5685
Park Ridge, Illinois 60068-1802         FAX 847-698-5600
USA          Energy, Environmental and Economic Research

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
Do you need to encrypt all your online transactions? Find
the perfect solution in this FREE Guide from VeriSign.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/jWSNbC/UdiDAA/yigFAA/dkFolB/TM

http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/