[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: IP Units/HVAC Systems

I want to make sure that everyone knows that you CAN use CAD systems that
are IFC Compliant to put in your geometry in English units and then use the
IFCtoIDF translation to get your IDF file.  IFC will be adding other
features as time goes forth.

To help the HVAC system "builds", we are developing templates.  And using
the EPMacro program, you can really get quite fancy already in converting
IP units into SI using functions in EPMacro.  If you look at the DOE-2
Translator program and documentation, it uses the EPMacro facility heavily
in its translations.

On the output side, the basic CSV file produced by the ReadVarsESO program
will have as a "header" record each of the variable names with the SI units
in [].  Using an excel template, you could probably custom create output
conversions as well.

As time and funding allow, we may be making some of these that everyone can
use.

Linda

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!