[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Simple Model Annual Energy Consumption

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@y..., Linda Lawrie <linda@l...> wrote:
> At 01:23 PM 3/20/02, you wrote:
> >I'd like to start out with an example IDF file of a simple single
> >space, single zone building with report variables including things
> >like lighting, fan, chiller, building and facility electricity and
> >energy. Does someone have an example IDF file they could email to
me?

> I "believe" if you add the following lines to the
AirCooledChiller.idf in
> the Example files area:
> Report Meter,Electricity:Facility,hourly;
> Report Meter,Electricity:Building,hourly;
> Report Meter,GeneralLights:Electricity,hourly;
> Report Meter,Electricity:HVAC,hourly;
> Report Meter,Electricity:Plant,hourly;
> Report Meter,Gas:Facility,hourly;
> Report Meter,Gas:Building,hourly;
> Report Meter,Gas:HVAC,hourly;
> Report Meter,Gas:Plant,hourly;
>
> You will get the Electricity meters (no Gas so you will get warning
> messages) in the eplusout.mtr file.
>
> This file can be read by the post-processing program (ReadVarsESO).
>
> We will beef up the examples to illustrate meters better with the
release
> of 1.0.1
>
> Linda

That worked, with a catch.....

I started in EP-Launch and edited
C:\EnergyPlus\ExampleFiles\Misc\AirCooledElectricChillier.idf
and clicked on "Simulate".  It ran with no errors.  I clicked
on "Spreadsheet", and the additional meters didn't report out.

Then I used Windows Explorer to copy the IDF file to
C:EnergyPlus\AirCooledElectricChillier.idf.

I went back to EP-Launch, clicked on "browse" to select the new file,
clicked on "Simulate", ran with no errors, clicked on "Spreadsheet",
and found the additional meters.

Thank you for the help.

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!