Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Fan Cycles On For No Reason

Thanks for the review.

My assumption was that the proper curves for DX and Fan would correctly model energy use.

I agree that if I were designing ventilation I would use a constant fan operation.  However, I am simulating an existing residence and most residential systems operate on a cycle basis.  In this study there is no ventilation designed into the system, but the fan causes a depressurization on the return air side that significantly increases infiltration to the return plenum when the fan operates.  I have a mechanism for introducing constant ventilation air with infiltration, but the building is very tight (leakage class A + an order of magnitude).  The fan induced infiltration probably has a significant effect on the interior conditions, but I'll have to be satisfied with what I can reliably calculate at the moment.

Ned Lyon

Senior Staff Engineer
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.
Arlington, Massachusetts
781-643-2000x350

>>> mjwitte@xxxxxxxx 04/15/02 03:48PM >>>

HOW to SEE & RECORD EVERYTHING!
TINY Camera for Under $80 BUCKS! PRICE BREAKTHROUGH --> CLICK!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/w7toOC/.o6DAA/yigFAA/dkFolB/TM