Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] geometry

On 24 Apr 2002, at 9:14, nuno lourenço wrote:

> If I have windows from bottom to top (supose the height of the
> room is 2m) but also have bricks,almost in the same position of
> the windows, from bottom to the height of 1 m how is the correct
> wayto model this.Does EP accept 2 "exterior walls",one with the
> window and one with the bricks?

You would define a wall 2m high made of glass and bricks which covers
the entire area (including the window area).  Then you add a window
subsurface on that wall starting at 1m high and extending to 2m high.
 The area occupied by the subsurface replaces that portion of the
wall with the window construction.

> If I have a building next to other what should we chose in the
> OutsideFaceEnvironment Object?

If the other building is in direct contact, then you could describe
the wall dividing the buildings as an interior surface with the same
conditions on both sides.  To do this for example for "East Wall",
OusideFaceEnvironment=OtherZone, OutsideFaceEnvironment Object="East
Wall"

If there is an air gap between the buildings, then
OusideFaceEnvironment=ExteriorEnvironment, and the shading effect of
the other building can be described using Surface:Shading:Detached

> Nuno Lourenço

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

HOT! PRICE BREAKTHROUGH!
SUPER Tiny Wireless Video Camera UNDER $80 BUCKS --> ORDER NOW!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/y7toOC/8o6DAA/yigFAA/dkFolB/TM