Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] weather files

At 02:58 AM 7/16/02, you wrote:
>Please, when I brouse the weather files TMy or IWEC to acces the EP+ for
>running  , it couldn,t and give a message of meaning that they can't because
>the programe is onle could convert and run TMY2, EPW weather files. How can
>I find or convert the right weather files to run the program

All of the weather files on the EnergyPlus web site (www.energyplus.gov)
are already converted and ready to be used by EnergyPlus.  On the web site,
the names indicate the original sources for the data (IWEC, TMY2, etc).

The "Browse"/"Graph" function in the Weather processor can only look at
certain of the files.  (I believe this is what you are referring to?)

In addition to the weather files on the web site, there are also <name>.rpt
file which are small synopsis files giving some statistics about that
particular weather file.  And, the weather converter program can be used to
make a <name>.csv file from the <name>.epw file -- which you can manipulate
or use for making graphs.  (The <name>.rpt files can also be used for
graphs as it is <tab>-delimited.)

Linda

Save on REALTOR Fees
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Xw80LD/h1ZEAA/Ey.GAA/dkFolB/TM