Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] EnergyPlus did not complete, but no error file was created

That means something crashed the program.  If you are using ep-
launch, under the "view" menu, you can turn on the "pause during
simulation" feature which will stop the batch file at certain points
along the way.  Hit CR at each stopping point until you see
EnergyPlus start running.  When it crashes, there will be a traceback
on the screen.  The first subroutine name in the list often gives a
clue regarding what type of object is causing the crash.  For
example, if it crashes in a window routine, then check your window
descriptions.  This can often help you find the problem.

However, we strive to have EnergyPlus exit gracefully and give you a
meaningful error message, so please send your input file to
energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx so that we can prevent the same crash in
the future.

Mike Witte

On 26 Aug 2002, at 21:16, miss_ray wrote:

> I have been building a model and running it as I go along. As I run
> it I fix the errors in the .err file. Now, I don't get a .err file,
> but I get a message "EnergyPlus did not complete successfully. No
> eplusout.end file created."
>
> What could be causing this to happen? Any thoughts would be
> extremely helpful.
>
> Michelle Smith
> Belle Engineering, LLC

> http://www.energyplus.gov