Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] about WindAC.idf

A.  In the WindAC example file, the cooling setpoint is set to 50C in
the winter as a way to force the cooling to stay off.  This example
is really more complicated than it needs to be.  Since the control
type schedule specifies control type 1 in the winter (SINGLE HEATING
SETPOINT) and control type 2 in the summer (SINGLE COOLING SETPOINT)
cooling is already forced off in the winter.  So, the same setpoint
schedule could have been used all year 'round with no change in
results.  Sorry for the confusion.

B.  For cooling with a window air conditioner, you do not need a
plant loop.  That is there for the baseboard heating which is in this
example.  The *.bnd output file summarizes many of the node and
branch connections.

C.  For fields which are autosizable, you may input the word
"autosize" instead of a numeric value and the program will size it
automatically.  You must also add sizing objects to turn on the auto
sizing features (see Input Output Reference, p. 190).  The WindACAuto
example shows the use of this option.

I should warn you that the IDF Editor is not currently compatible
with autosizable fields.  Any numeric field which contains "autosize"
will display as a zero in the IDF Editor.  If you do not edit these
fields, then the "autosize" will be preserved.  If you edit it, then
a zero will be written to the idf file.  The only way to change a
value to be "autosize" is to edit the idf file in a text editor.

Mike

On 12 Sep 2002, at 13:34, rmp4aup6 wrote:

> Dear everybody:
>
> I am learning the example of WindAC.idf.
>
> A.
> The zone control ia a way for the zone to be controlled to a
> specificed temperature. But I saw the temperature setting is 50 of the
> Winter Zone Temp Hi Day Sch in DAYSSCHEDULE. I am confused about that.
> Isn't it too hot?? why should i set the Hi and Lo in that case?
>
> If I just want to  simulate the cooling system in summer, can I only
> input the cooling setpoints instead of both( heating and cooling)?
>

> B.
> now, I have already input the data of thermostat and window air
> conditioner, but the temperature inside the room doesn't change!
> I think the problem might be Node-Branch Management/ Plant-Condenser
> Loops. Because I didn't input any data there!! Even I choose the
> window air conditioner, I still need to input the Node-Branch
> management data, right?? what's the purpose?
>
> the node diagram is complex to me. Does any output of E+ show the
> interconnection ??
>

> C.what does the autosizing mean??
> I can use this parameter instead of input other data??

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support