Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] ABT IDF FILE

Many people are using the IDFEditor with great
success and will not require a 3rd party interface.
In fact, at a workshop last week in Montreal, I was
asked a similar question...why, when the IDFEditor
is so functional and nice already do you need a
different interface?

A large number of users want a graphical interface
that provides a lot more defaults and options (similar
to those currently available for DOE-2.1E).  Also the
interfaces can be customized to a specific market
such as residential, commercial or even equipment-specific
versions.

                      "divyang sharma"
                      <divyangsharma@ya        To:       EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      hoo.com>                 cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] ABT IDF FILE
                      09/18/2002 09:46
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      EnergyPlus_Suppor

Hi Sir,

  Thanks for clearing my queries.

        I have one more question...

If we have got IDF editor for creating a *.idf file then why we require a
third party interface for EnergyPlus?

divyang

 "Michael J. Witte" wrote:
 1)  When * is used, then the variable is reported for all occurences
 of that variable type.  In the csv spreadsheet output file, the
 headings at the top will identify the column with both the variable
 name and the name of the specific object.  For example, if you have
 three zones, named "East zone", "West zone", and "North zone", then
 the csv output file will contain columns with the following headings:

 EAST ZONE:Mean Air Temperature[C](Hourly)
 WEST ZONE:Mean Air Temperature[C](Hourly)
 NORTH ZONE:Mean Air Temperature[C](Hourly)

 2.  EnergyPlus can simulate both conditioned and unconditioned
 spaces.  Every space is considered unconditioned until HVAC equipment
 is added to condition it.

 Mike

 On 16 Sep 2002, at 22:06, divyang sharma wrote:

 > Hi everyone,
 > I'm trying to write the IDF file for my design.
 >    I have got two doubts.
 > 1)at the end of IDF file,there are commands-
 >   report varaible,*,outdoor dry bulb,hourly;
 >   report varaible,*,mean air temperature,hourly;
 >   report varaible,*,Zone-Total Latent Gain,hourly;
 >   .......so on
 >             now my question is-
 > How these commands  generate the values required  for
 > simulation with proper identifiaction?
 > 2)my second question is-
 >    Is Energy+ simulation is meant for Conditioned or
 > Unconditioned Zones?
 >                 Please give reply soon.....
 >                                    Divyang
 >

 > =====
 > ##      I WANT, I DESERVE & I CAN     ##
 >
 > DIVYANG SHARMA
 > H-4/386,IITB,Powai,Mumbai-76
 > PH-(022)5720096,5721008
 > Email-divyang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx