From: Drury.Crawley@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Drury.Crawley@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 9:58 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Weather data for Dubai, UAE

The IWEC had data for the following
nearby locations:

Saudi Arabia (SAU)
404380 RIYADH  Time Zone + 03 00 Latitude N 24 42  Longitude E 046 48
Elevation + 0612

United Arab Emirates (ARE)
412170 ABU DHABI Time Zone + 04 00 Latitude N 24 26 Longitude E 054 39
Elevation + 0027

Another source--if either of these won't work is the
Meteonorm data.  I can create a TMY2 file from
the statistics on the Meteonorm CD...it's not quite
as good as a file derived from the weather observations
but it may be enough.

Dru Crawley
DOE

                      "John Patronis"
                      <jpatronis@hotmai        To:
EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      l.com>                   cc:
                                               Subject:
[EnergyPlus_Support] Weather data for Dubai, UAE
                      09/18/2002 02:50
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      EnergyPlus_Suppor

Deal all,

Does anybody have a weather data file for Dubai (both design and typical
year data) ?

If not, and assuming that I eventually source the hourly data, how to I
generate the weather file from scratch ? What are the exact weather
parameters that I need and what is the sequence of these data in the
weather
file ? The input/output reference manual talks about missing weather file
data on pgs 546 and 547 . Is that it ?

I have used ESP-r quite a bit in the past, but E+ seems much more
demanding.

Any suggestions ?

Many thanks

John Patronis