Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] error message

At 06:47 AM 10/2/2002, Clemens Felsmann wrote:
Hello,

when I start a simulation of the simple Energy+ example file 1ZoneUncontrolled.idf I always get following message:

Program Version,EnergyPlus 1.0.2.008, 02.10.2002 13:43
   **  Fatal  ** Requested Object not found in Definitions: Surface:Shading:Detached:Fixed
   ************* EnergyPlus Terminated--Fatal Error Detected. 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors
Are the examples wrong?
What should I do to succesfully run a simulation?

It would be my guess that for some reason the installation of V1.0.2 did not override the Energy+.idd with the new version.  If you do have a V1-0-2-Energy+.idd file in your root folder, you can copy it and rename it to Energy+.idd and that should "work" but does not sound like the ideal situation for you to be dealing with.

Another (perhaps more likely?) problem is that your Energy+.ini file is pointing to the wrong folder.  (Perhaps you have two installations of EnergyPlus on your system?).  You will have to open it with a text editor (Notepad, for example) and make sure the line:

dir=<path>

has the correct path for the V1.0.2 EnergyPlus root folder.  If neither of these suggestions seems to be the right one, please contact us again.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team