Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] VAV system

Currently, EnergyPlus requires that you specify a reheat coil for
each VAV terminal unit, but you can set the coil capacity to zero so
that it does not operate.  In the next release, you will be able to
describe a VAV system without reheat coils.  For an example of a VAV
system, see EnergyPlus\ExampleFiles\Misc\VAVSingleDuctReheat.idf

Mike Witte

On 3 Oct 2002, at 11:51, rmp4aup6 wrote:

> Dear everybody:
>
> typical three VAV systems are:
> 1. VAV cooling system: only with cooling coil (without reheat)
> 2. VAV reheat system: cooling coil + reheat
> 3. VAV dual duct system: cooling coil + heating coil +reheat
>
> Now, if I just want to simulate VAV cooling system in summer,
> Is it possible? or do we have example?
> ( the system doesn't has heating coil and reheat)

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support