Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Output

1.  The variables you see in the PurchAir.rvi file include specific
instances of generic output varibles.  The rdd file only lists the
generic names.  For example, the PurchAir RDD file lists

HVAC,Average,System Node Temp[C]
HVAC,Average,System Node MassFlowRate[kg/s]

In the rvi file, you can request all instances of a variable

System Node Temp

Or specific instances

Zone 1 Reheat Outlet Node, System Node Temp
Zone 2 Reheat Outlet Node, System Node Temp

2.  "Zone/Sys Air Temp" is the temperature of the zone air which is
determined at each timestep of the HVAC simulation.  "Mean Air
Temperature" is the average zone air temperature during the building
time step, which may include multiple HVAC time steps.

3.  "Zone/Sys Sensible Load Predicted" is the amount of heating or
cooling required to meet the zone thermostat setpoint.  "Zone/Sys
Sensible Heating Rate" and "Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Rate" are the
actual amount of cooling or heating delivered to the zone.  When a
zone is floating between the cooling setpoint and the heating
setpoint, the predicted load will be zero, yet the HVAC system could
be delivering heating or cooling by introducing ventilation air.

Mike

On 7 Oct 2002, at 16:42, alexander.beisteiner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam
> Does the RVI File need a special syntax. For instance the PurchAir.rvi
> file lists the following variables: SPACE1-1 In Node,System Node
> MassFlowRate SPACE1-1 In Node,System Node Temp SPACE2-1 In Node,System
> Node MassFlowRate SPACE2-1 In Node,System Node Temp SPACE1-1 Zone Coil
> Water In Node,System Node MassFlowRate SPACE2-1 Zone Coil Water In
> Node,System Node MassFlowRate SPACE1-1 Zone Coil Water In Node,System
> Node Temp SPACE2-1 Zone Coil Water In Node,System Node Temp SPACE1-1
> Zone Coil Water Out Node,System Node MassFlowRate SPACE2-1 Zone Coil
> Water Out Node,System Node MassFlowRate SPACE1-1 Zone Coil Water Out
> Node,System Node Temp SPACE2-1 Zone Coil Water Out Node,System Node
> Temp
>
> Looking at the RDD file, I cannot find these variables.
>
> Further, could you explain the difference between the following
> variables: HVAC, Average, Zone/Sys Air Temperature Zone, Average, Mean
> Air Temperature and HVAC, Average, Zone/Sys Sensible Load Predicted
> HVAC,Average,Zone/Sys Sensible Heating Rate
>
> At last, which variables represent the total cooling and heating load
> of a zone/building.
>
> I am looking forward to your reply.

> Alexander Beisteiner
> Forschungs- und Technologietransfer