AW: [EnergyPlus_Support] Design Day Condition

Hi Mike

For example:

DesignDay,

    DENVER COLORADO WINTER,  !- DesignDayName

    -17.22222,  !- Maximum Dry-Bulb Temperature {C}

     0.0000000E+00,  !- Daily Temperature Range {C}

    -17.22222,  !- Wet-Bulb Temperature At MaxTemp {C}

    83361.40,  !- Barometric Pressure {Pa}

    4.115816,  !- Wind Speed {m/s}

    169.0000,  !- Wind Direction {deg}

    0.0000000E+00,  !- Sky Clearness

    0,  !- Rain Indicator

    0,  !- Snow Indicator

    21,  !- Day Of Month

    1,  !- Month

    Monday,  !- Day Type

    0;  !- Daylight Saving Time Indicator

Comparing the winter design day condition for Colorado in the idf-file with the design day conditions in the E+ directory EnergyPlus/PreProcess/WeatherConverter/DesignConditions I cannot find correlation between the Maximum Dry-Bulb Temperature and Wind Direction (see example of the idf above). Further, there is not correlation between the summer design day conditions either: for example the Maximum Dry-Bulb Temperature and there is no wind speed information in the EnergyPlus/PreProcess/WeatherConverter/DesignConditions directory.

In addition, what do the percentage classifications in the design condition files mean: 40%, 99.6%, 1%, etc.?

I would appreciate your comment.

Regards