Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Coolong load simulation

Josep:

Under certain conditions, this can occur.  In a climate with cool
nights and hot days with massive construction, adding insulation to
the outside of the mass can reduce nighttime cooling effects and
cause an increase in cooling loads.  In this case, add the insulation
inside the mass.

Also, during moderate times of the year, more insulation can trap
solar gains and internal loads and cause higher cooling loads.  But
you should see a decrease in peak cooling loads.  In this case, the
balance of heating load savings and cooling load increase determines
whether more insulation is beneficial.

If you still think there is a problem, please send you idf file to
energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

Mike

On 14 Oct 2002, at 10:55, Solé Bonet, Josep wrote:

> I'm trying to use E+ to calculate heating load and cooling load.
> The model runs correctly in heating season (the correlation with other
> methods is quite good r2=0,98) but in cooling load I find some
> problems because when I increase the insulation level (other
> parameters are exactly the same) the thermal load increases. Is that
> logical?.
>
> Josep

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: