Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Windows

The WINDOW 5.0 program (LBNL) has more glass and glazing system information and will output the values you are looking for. It will generate U-Value information easily for different combinations of glass and/or gas.  It also has provisions to link window information directly to EnergyPlus.  If you want to do a more detailed study of how windows affect energy use, I'd recommend that you use WINDOW 5.0 to develop window systems for analysis in EnergyPlus.

Ned Lyon

Senior Staff Engineer
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.

41 Seyon Street
Building #1, Suite 500
Waltham, MA  02453

Phone:  781-907-9000
Fax:  781-907-9009

>>> navlourenco@xxxxxxxxxxx 11/25/02 04:54AM >>>
In the field windowgas we only have to choose the gas and the thickness. But if I want to know the condutivity of each gas where could I find it?
In the manual you refer windowgasmixture for properties but I don t have that file.Could anyone send me that.

Best regards,

Nuno Lourenço

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CBxunD/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM