[EnergyPlus_Support] Windows

Hello,

I am performing some crude preliminary modeling a test cell for empirical
validation to quantify solar gains.  In this experiment, we are just using the
glazing with no frame.  When I define the window as a subsurface of the wall
and run the simulation, the result is the following error messages:

   ** Severe  ** Base surface does not surround subsurface (CHKSBS)
   **   ~~~   ** Surface "SOUTH WALL" overlaps SubSurface "TEST ROOM WINDOW"

I have moved the window back and forth in the wall which still results in the
same error message.  I am getting the solar gain to the space through the room,
but for the conduction component, is it taking the resistance through the
window and through the portion of the wall where the window is?

Thanks,

Peter Loutzenhiser