[EnergyPlus_Support] Dual setpoint with deadband control and FanAndCoilAvailSched

Hi, there,
I have a question about the example file :CVBnRh.idf.
It's a constant volumn system with single setpoint control, and fans and
coils and baseboards are available(FanAndCoilAvailSched) during occupied
time. Location and weather I changed to Phoenix, July 20th.
under this input, the room air temperature is about 37 degree C before
occupied.

Then, I changed the FanAndCoilAvailSched to always on. and found:

1.if still using single setpoint control, the room air temperature profile
looks like 31 degree (before occupied), about 24 degree (occupied), and
about 31 degree (after occupied), but the plant cooling demand as well as
the chiller power consumption profile looks the same shape!( high chiller
power during unoccupied time, lower chiller power during occupied time)
instead of zero during unoccupied time and some chiller power during
occupied time.

2.if changed to dual setpoints with dead band control with the setpoints
during unoccupied time is 15 C for heating and 35 C for cooling, it has the
same shape of chiller output profile as above.

3.if keep the dual setpoints control in 2. but change the baseboard control
to be unavailable during unoccupied time, the chiller profile will look
better: lower chiller power during unoccupied time, higher chill power
during occupied time. the room air temperature is about 19 C before
occupied.

I thought the chiller power before occupied period should be near zero in
the above 3 cases. Maybe in case 1, since it's single setpoint control and
baseboard is available,too during unoccupied time, both the baseboard and
chiller will work to keep the air temperture to be near the setpoint(35 C),
and thus chiller power consumes a lot. But in case 2,and 3 I don't think the
chiller should perform like this. to make sure, in case 2 and 3, I tried
also to set the cooling setpoint of the dual setpoint to be 45 C, and there
is the same problem!

I have to keep the system available during night, because maybe I want to
precool the building in later runs. These runs are for testing purpose
before I set precooling setpoints. But the results are just not right. Can
anybody help me out?

Thanks!!

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CBxunD/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM