Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] simulation of one zone

Hi Mike,
  Thanks for your reply.
       It has cleared my doubts.
                                                                        Divyang
 "Michael J. Witte" <mjwitte@xxxxxxxx> wrote:All surfaces are defined by three or more vertices which are
speficied in x,y,z coordinates.  The position of the vertices defines
the placement of the surface.  To verify area, azimuth, and tilt of
each surface, you can turn on "report, surfaces, details;" which
produces a summary of surfaces in the "eio" output file.

Mike

On 10 Dec 2002, at 21:28, divyang sharma wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>    Thanks for your reply.
>    I have one more query.
>   Can you specify how floor and roof angles are taken by EnergyPlus as
>   in IDF file ,no where it is asked abt roof or floor angle?
>          waiting for your reply...
>                                    divyang
>  "Michael J. Witte" <mjwitte@xxxxxxxx> wrote:Divyang:
>
> 1) EnergyPlus models only what the user describes.  So, a zone with no
> roof or floor has heat transfer only through the walls.
>
> 2) The error message indicates that you have an illegal object name
> called "Yes".  This kind of error usually mean that there is a semi-
> colon (;) in the middle of one of your objects.  This is a common
> error when adding fields to an existing object without changing the
> original semi-colon to a comma.
>
> Mike
>

> On 8 Dec 2002, at 18:38, divyang sharma wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > 1)In your example files,there is 1 zone Uncontrolled.idf,its without
> > roof and floor.
> >            How Eplus simulates it as it is without roof & floor?
> > 2)With that coordinates of 1 zone,I added floor and roof coordinates
> > with all the surface heat transfer properties,then simulation gets
> > terminated with fatal error detected.
> >      For your convenience,i 'm writing below all the details of
> >      error file.
> >        Please tell,why it errors occurs as i have just added roof
> >        and wall properties.
> >          Waiting for your reply..
> >                                   Divyang
> > Error file-------
> > Program Version,EnergyPlus 1.0.2.008, 12/8/02 9:14 PM
> >    ** Warning ** Object=RUNPERIOD, entered with less than minimum
> >    number of fields. **   ~~~   ** Attempting fill to minimum. **
> >    Severe  ** Did not find "Yes" in list of Objects ** Severe  **
> >    Possible incorrect IDD File ** Severe  ** Possible Invalid
> >    Numerics or other problems **  Fatal  ** Errors occurred on
> >    processing IDF file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination.
> >    ************* EnergyPlus Terminated--Fatal Error Detected. 1
> >    Warning; 3 Severe Errors
> > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:

> > I WANT, I DESERVE & I CAN
> >
> > Divyang Sharma
> >
> > Hostel-4, Room No.-386, IITBombay ,Powai,Mumbai-76
> >
> > Tel - 91-22-5720194,1008(Hostel) // 91-22-5722545
> > Ext.-7378,7388(Lab)
> >
> >  Email- divyang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             divyangsharma@xxxxxxxxx

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> > appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

> [...]

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CBxunD/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM