Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Introduction to EnergyPlus for Experienced Modelers

I am interested in it and want to attend the courses.
But I am afriad that my basic knowledge is below the requirement or not.
There are many classes for the HVAC sytems, but I don't have the background.
For the time being, I can simulate for those buildings with window AC,
Air-cooled or water-cooled central HVAC system.
Is it proper for me to join this course?
or other class that you offer in April or summer is better for me!!

thank you very much

chunming

Michael J. Witte wrote:

> (Apologies for cross postings.)
>
> Introduction to EnergyPlus for Experienced Modelers
>
> January 29-31, 2003, Chicago, Illinois, USA
>
> Come to this EnergyPlus training course immediately following the
> Chicago ASHRAE meeting in January.  The course schedule is:
>
> Wednesday, January 29, 2:00 to 6:00 pm
> Thursday, January 30, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
> Friday, January 31, 8:30 am to 1:00 pm
>
> This workshop will introduce EnergyPlus to experienced modelers who
> are familiar with the basic concepts of energy simulation.  The
> course will cover the mechanics of using EnergyPlus with an emphasis
> on aspects of EnergyPlus that differ substantially from other common
> modeling tools (e.g., DOE-2 and BLAST), such as the use of a multiple
> time-step approach, the integrated simulation of loads, systems and
> plant, and defining fluid and air loops.  Bring your own laptop for
> the hands-on workshop sessions.
>
> The course will be held in "the loop" in Chicago at the Crowne Plaza
> Silversmith, 10 South Wabash Avenue (1 block north of the Palmer
> House Hilton which is the ASHRAE headquarters hotel).
>
> For more details on the course outline, registration fees, and
> accomodations please see
>
> http://www.gard.com/training.htm
>
> Future courses:
>
> Introduction to EnergyPlus for Beginning Modelers, 4 day course,
> Spring 2003
>
> Advanced use of EnergyPlus, 2 day course, Early Summer 2003
>
> Acknowledgements:
>
> Development of course material and support for these workshops
> provided by the U.S. Department of Energy Office of the Building
> Technology Program Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
> (http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings)
> <http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings%29> through the National Renewable
> Energy Laboratory, and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory.

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CBxunD/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM