Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Fanger confort model

Check the Clothing Insulation schedules.  They are set to zero during
unoccupied hours which is causing the very large negative PMV values
(-60 and such).  Also, one of the clothing schedules is 1.3 during
most of the day, but drops to 1.1 for hours 13 and 14, which explains
the lunch hour drop in PMV.

On 8 Dec 2002, at 13:12, nuno lourenço wrote:

> I have obtained some interesting results.
> In the summer period of the year I obtained the PMV by Fanger and
> calculated the PPD. I obtained 10% of people dissatisfied. But in the
> winter period (January,February,March, October,November and December)
> I obtained ~95% of dissatisfied people. I have an Purchased Air System
> (temperature in winter between 20ºC - 23ºC). The most strange aspect
> is in the lunch hour I have the Hvac working to maintain the
> temperature between 20-23 but the PMV decreased from -2,5 to -4,5. I
> also have another question, the people and the system work until 20h
> and i have a PMV of ,supose,  -1,999. In the following hour I have a
> value of -65. Is this possible?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Lourenço

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx