Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Performance curve

Don asked me to forward this to the group as he is having a little trouble
with yahoo right now:

Chunming:
The "typical" performance curves provided in WindACAuto.idf were taken from
DOE-2.1E for a packaged terminal air conditioner (PTAC).

I'm not aware of other "typical" performance curves that are already
available for window air conditioners, but maybe others in this user group
may have some suggestions.

Except for the cycling performance curve (WindACPLFFPLR), the other DX coil
performance curves are simply curve fits of steady-state performance
information from equipment manufacturers. If you want to model the
performance of a specific window air conditioner, I suggest you contact the
manufacturer for the steady-state performance data.  From this data, you
should be able to derive the performance curves that are required by
EnergyPlus (see IO Reference and Engineering Document sections for the
object COIL:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical).

Don
(Shirey@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

Turn flat surfaces into speakers with the Soundbug.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWAVSC/onCFAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM