Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Control Strategy

Dear Alexander,

I've been looking at the PurchAir example too so I'll tell you
what I could understand by myself...

About high and low temperature setpoints:
one of the two temperature is the real setpoint you want to keep in a
certain period,
the other is a fictitious one you have to input if you want the system to
be off in another period.
For example: if you want no cooling in winter you can choose a temperature
setpoint of 30°C for the cooling system in winter,
so you're sure it will never be on because temperature will never reach
30°C in winter.

I guess you have to use this trick because there is no direct way to say
the system is off in a certain period.
Linda or Mike can certainly tell us if this is correct.

Anyhow I think it would be a great thing if EnergyPlus documentation would
include a better description
of the Purchased Air system, especially because it's the system you have to
use in order to calculate
heating or cooling energy demand of a building.

Hope this helps

Adriana A.

----------
Adriana Angelotti
PhD student
eErg end-use Efficiency Research Group
Politecnico di Milano, Dipartimento di Energetica
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32
20133 Milano
Italy
ph +39.02.2399.3859
fax +39.02.2399.3940

At 09.35 09/01/03 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear E+User,
>I am looking at the control strategy of the PurchAir example. The Single
>Heating and Single Cooling definitions allow heating and cooling only in
>the specified periods. The temperature schedules show setpoints for low
>and high temperatures. Is this necessary?
>As defined by the Zone Control Type Schedule there is no heating in
>summer and no cooling in winter. Why are the heating setpoint and
>cooling setpoint schedules split into a summer and winter period?
>Wouldn?t it be correct the specify a one year period for each schedule?
>For the heating setpoint schedule this would mean a temperature range
>from 15 to 20 °C from 1.1 to 31.12 and for the cooling setpoint schedule
>30 to 23 °C from 1.1 to 31.12.
>I would appreciate your reply.
>Alexander
>

>__________________________________
>DI (FH) Alexander Beisteiner
>Forschungs- und Technologietransfer
>Pinkafeld GmbH
>Steinamangerstrasse 21
>7423 Pinkafeld
>
>alexander.beisteiner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  <http://www.fh-pinkafeld.ac.at/> http://www.fh-pinkafeld.ac.at
>Tel.: 0043/3357/45370-1324
>Fax: 0043/3357/45370/1010

>The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
>http://www.energyplus.gov
>
>The group web site is:
>
>Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
>folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Turn flat surfaces into speakers with the Soundbug.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWAVSC/onCFAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM