RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Geometry conversion from 3D Studio Max to IDF

Hello Mahabir

I am not aware of conversion utilities (Direct conversion) from 3DS
format to IDF or even 3DS to IFC. My guess is that you will have to draw
it again manually. It might be of help if you export 3DS format to DXF
and import it to AutoCAD Architectural Desktop. Then redraw the whole
drawing using walls and windows (3D objects) in ADT.

One thing you need to be sure is that what version of IFC you will be
working on (1.5 or 2.0). As far as I know ADT (Architectural Desktop)
only supports IFC 1.5.

If you need to have your IFC file done in v 2.0, its better to use
ArchiCAD. They are also releasing IFC2x version soon.

Regards

Monjur Mourshed
IRUSE, UCC.
http://www.ucc.ie/iruse/monjur