Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] VAV Dual Duct

Thanks a lot! I have also been looking at the DD-Autosize example. I
changed the Dual-Duct from Const Volume to VAV in the Air Distribution
Units object.

Apart from this--the main difference between autosize and the DDVAV file
I see is where the zone, system and plant sizing objects are enabled.

I don't understand the implications of specifying the system
fully as against autosize. Also, even in the Autosize example files, the
system seems to be elaborately specified. So, what exactly would be the
difference between using one against the other? Sorry if my question seems
naive, but I have little experience with detailed HVAC specifications.

Regarding my earlier question of zone description: I am interested in
getting (a) the total system capacity (heating and cooling energy) of the
zone, (b) The total cfm for heating and cooling the zone (I don't see any
output for cfm in the *.rdd file (c) Mean Air Temperature of each room in
the zone (d) Surface Temperatures of specific walls in the zone.

I have described this one zone as 7 separate zones: each zone with a
thermostatic control. However, all of them are served by the same AHU. I
am not sure if I have modeled this correctly, and my question is whether
this aspect is related to the Zone Equipment object: That I describe one
Air Dribution Unit, and One zone eqipment and refer to that same equipment for
all the zones in the "controlled zone equip configuration" object?

Thanks for all your help,

ruchi.

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Michael J. Witte wrote:

> Ruchi:
>
> For an example of a dual duct VAV system, see
>
> EnergyPlus\ExampleFiles\Misc\DualDuctVarVolDamper.idf
>
> You may serve all of your zones with one or more DDVAV air handling
> systems.  You need to evaluate which will give you the results you
> need.
>
> Mike
>

> On 4 Feb 2003, at 15:03, Ruchi Choudhary wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to model a zone served by a Dual Duct VAV system: served
> > by two AHUs with boilers and chillers for hot/cold water supply. My
> > first question is if I there is a template file for the HVAC component
> > that I can use as a "basefile".
> >
> > Second, Even though this is one zone, I have modeled/described each
> > distinct functional area as a separate zone because I am interested in
> > getting the mean air temperature for each of these areas. Now, I am
> > not sure how I am supposed to model the HVAC system: one for all of
> > these areas that I have described as separate zones, or a different
> > one for each??
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > ruchi.

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> > appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LIgTpC/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM