Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] window blind

Lourenco,

For now I suggest scaling things by a factor of 0.2 so that:

slat width = 0.2m
blind-to-glass distance = some value less than 0.3 m
slat separation = 0.2 times actual slat separation
slat thickness = 0.2 times actual slat thickness

As long as things are scaled this way the EnergyPlus blind solar-thermal calculation will be the same as that for the
full-size case.

Eventually I will change the maximum value of the blind to glass distance to 0.6m.

There is an EnergyPlus sample run called PurchAirWindowBlind.idf  that models interior blinds. It is attached.

Fred Winkelmann

nuno lourenço wrote:

> I am interesting in modelling exterior blinds with 1m (width) but i am
> experienced some problems.the EP manual says that , for field slat width,
> the maximum value is 1 and , for field Blind-to-glass distance, the maximum
> value is 0.3.If I not mistaken the maximum value for the blind-to-glass
> shouldn´t be more than half of the slat width?In this case how can i model
> my 1m exterior blinds?
> This is my first time with window blinds, could anyone send me a simple
> example file containing blinds to my study.
>
> Best regards
> Lourenço

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LIgTpC/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM