From: Michael J. Witte [mailto:mjwitte@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, 11 February 2003 3:27 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Night Purge

  The VENTILATION command would be a good choice, because it gives you
  the option to ventilate until the zone cools down to the selected
  setpoint.  You can also control the indoor-outdoor temperature
  difference at which the ventilation will operate.

  Regarding the interactions between COMIS and HVAC simualations.  The
  two are fully interactive thermally, but they do not interact with
  pressure.  In this application, and naturally-induced flows from the
  COMIS objects would continue to flow during operation of VENTILATION.
  Since the flow from the night purge system would likely be so much
  greater than any naturally-induced flows, I do not think this would
  cause a significant error.

  Sorry for the delayed response.

  Mike

  On 3 Feb 2003, at 10:21, Linda Lawrie wrote:

  > At 12:37 AM 2/3/2003, Daniel Grunbaum wrote:
  > >The
  > >night purge would involve some sort of mechanical ventilation system
  > >that would run throughout the night or when the temperature inside
  > >reaches a certain point and the exterior temperature drops to a
  > >certain point. Does anyone know the best way to model this using
  > >Energy Plus.
  >
  > A simplistic approach to this is to use the VENTILATION object in each
  > zone.
  >
  > I'm not sure if COMIS also might be able to do something like this
  > directly?
  >

  > Linda
  >
  > EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
  > Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
  > Member: EnergyPlus Development Team

  > http://www.energyplus.gov
  >
  > The group web site is:
  >
  > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
  > appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
  >

  > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
  > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

  Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LIgTpC/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM